In-Person Assistor/Navigator (Tompkins County)
Hours: Part-time 40 hours per week
- Associates Degree in Health or Human Services field and 1 year of experience providing information or assistance to consumers or advocates on insurance or health care access issues.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of database software.
- Ability to effectively interact and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in both a team and individual setting.
- Ability to manage a complex workload in varied work environments.
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Family Health Plus, and Child Health Plus, preferred.
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred.
- Extensive travel within four county service area.
- Work a flexible schedule that includes early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Provide in-person assistance to individuals applying for health insurance coverage through the NY Health Benefits Exchange (NYHBE) at the time of initial application and at annual renewal.
- Educate potential enrollees about the NYHBE and the types of insurance programs offered through the NYHBE.
- Facilitate selection of a Qualified Health Plan in the NYHBE or when appropriate an Insurance Affordability Program.
- Provide information and assistance to small businesses that provide health insurance to their employees through the SHOP.
- Conduct public education activities to raise awareness about the Health Benefits Exchange including outreach to small businesses.
- Maintain an expertise in eligibility, enrollment and program specification for various insurance programs available through the NYHBE.
- Provide information in a fair and impartial manner which is culturally and linguistically appropriate, and disability accessible, for populations served under the exchange, including those with limited English proficiency.
- Assist potential enrollees with grievances, complaints or questions regarding their health coverage or a determination related to their coverage.
- Attend training on the NYHBE and related topics as required by NYS DOH and STIC.
- Collect data and prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Other related tasks as required and time permits.
- STIC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to hire the best qualified applicant for the position, without regard to disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Interested applicants should send a current resume indicating the position for which they are applying to:
Casey Flanagan, Human Resources Coordinator
135 East Frederick Street
Binghamton, NY 13904
Phone : (607) 724-2111
Fax: (607) 772-3605