Hours: 35 hours per week (full-time)
- A high school diploma or GED; a varied and successful work history in competitive employment settings; knowledge of employer expectations of performance and employee behaviors; and, a minimum of two years’ experience in providing employment-related services to persons who have a disabling condition and knowledge of the local job market.
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize work tasks, and work effectively in both a team and individual setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of car
- Strong commitment to the integration of people with disabilities into all aspects of community life.
- Ability to present before both large and small employers and groups of professionals
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Extensive travel in our service area of Broome, Tioga and Chenango Counties.
- Flexible hours including nights and weekends and holidays
- Attend all mandatory agency trainings, meetings, and advocacy groups.
- Submit required reports and statistical data as required, in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Provide job development, placement, coaching and other related supported employment services to consumers with diverse disabilities.
- Assist consumers to find jobs and successfully retain employment.
- Maintain regular contact with consumers’ employers, supervisors and co-workers and orient them to working with people with disabilities.
- Facilitate social relationships between consumers and their co-workers.
- Troubleshoot problems with relationships between consumers and co-workers and with job performance.
- Provide information/referrals for assistive technology, accessibility, accommodations and other programs/services as needed.
- Alert the program director to potential problems with off-worksite supports such as unreliable transportation or attendant service.
- Maintain program service records and prepare necessary reports in a timely manner.
- Attend team meetings including life plan reviews and other meetings assigned by the program director.
- Other duties as assigned by program director within the objectives and position description of the department.
Southern Tier Independence Center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of STIC not to discriminate based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest or conviction record, military status or predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local status, gender, religion, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic disposition, carrier status or criminal record.
Interested applicants should send a current resume indicating the position for which they are applying to:
Casey Flanagan, Human Resources Coordinator
135 East Frederick Street
Binghamton, NY 13904
Phone : (607) 724-2111
Fax: (607) 772-3605