Position: Self-Direction Specialist
Hours: Full-time 35 per week
- Associates Degree in Human Services or related field
- Experience working with individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) and their families.
- Ability to assist consumers in overseeing in managing their budgets, staffing and related issues.
- Familiarity with OPWDD’s Self Direction Program (including Broker and Fiscal Intermediary responsibilities).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work tasks.
- Strong commitment to the integration of people with disabilities into all aspects of community life.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Actively support STIC’s mission, philosophy, and values and our pursuit of community integration for all people with disabilities.
- Extensive travel in Broome, Chenango and Tioga Counties.
- Occasionally work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Assist with and oversee the establishment of a new Self Direction Fiscal Intermediary Program.
- Conduct intakes for new participants of STIC’s OPWDD Fiscal Intermediary services.
- Monitor all aspects of the provision and oversight of self-direction services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Work with individuals with developmental disabilities and families to oversee and manage the self-directed budgets, staffing, policy compliance and related supports.
- Advise consumers on required documentation and process all paperwork as necessary.
- Participate in team, circle-of-support, annual and semi-annual Lifeplan meetings to discuss issues related to self-directed staffing and/or supports and budget expenditures as appropriate.
- Ensure that current budgets, invoices, and Staff Action Plans for individuals receiving services are developed, dispersed and filed per agency standard and OPWDD rules and regulations.
- Ensure monthly billing is accurately documented before forwarding to the Fiscal department.
- Attend all mandatory agency trainings, meetings, sign language class and advocacy groups.
- Collect data and prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Other related tasks as required and time permits
Southern Tier Independence Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to hire the best-qualified applicant for the position, without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender, religion, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic disposition, carrier status or criminal record.