The Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid Waiver for Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) is one of the options available to New Yorkers with disabilities and seniors so they may receive services in the most appropriate, least restrictive setting. The NHTD Medicaid Waiver assists eligible individuals residing in nursing homes to transition to community living with needed services, and assists at risk individuals residing in the community to prevent and avoid nursing home placement.
The NHTD waiver is administered through a network of Regional Resource Development Centers (RRDC), each covering specific counties throughout the State. The contact person at the RRDC is the Regional Resource Development Specialist (RRDS).
Southern Tier Independence Center (STIC) is the RRDC for the Binghamton / Southern Tier Region of NYS, under contract to the NYS Department of Health (DOH).
The RRDC at STIC functions as a single point of access for NHTD Medicaid Waiver enrollment and services in the Binghamton / Southern Tier region.
- Be capable of living in the community with needed assistance from available informal supports, non-Medicaid supports and/or Medicaid State Plan services and need one or more waiver service;
- Be eligible for nursing home level of care;
- Be authorized to receive Medicaid Community Based Long Term Care;
- An applicant must be 65 years of older or have a physical disability.
- Choose to live in the community as a participant in this waiver rather than in a nursing home; and
- Not participate in another HCBS waiver or Managed Long-Term Care plan.
Allegany, Broome, Cayuga, Chemung, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Otsego, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, and Tompkins
Other Relevant Information
Referrals are accepted from all sources including (but not limited to) individuals seeking to apply for services, nursing homes, family members, informal supports, advocates, community providers, regional stakeholders, government and human service agencies. Referrals are accepted via phone and email.
Referral form link:
The RRDC also facilitates provider enrollment, in conjunction with the DOH. If your agency is interested in becoming a provider of NHTD Medicaid Waiver services please contact the Lead RRDS.
Lead Regional Resource Development Specialist
(607) 724-2111 Ext. 361
Fax Number (607) 772-3617
Email Address email@example.com