Hours: 35 hours per week (full-time)
- Must be a Licensed Maters of Social Work ( LMSW).
- Ability and willingness to counsel people with all types of disabilities, including those with intellectual disabilities.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Excellent conflict resolution, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to the independent living philosophy, Person Centered Planning, consumer choice and integration of people with disabilities into all aspects of community life.
- Actively support STIC’s mission, philosophy, and values and our pursuit of community integration for all people with disabilities.
- Occasionally work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Provide counseling to consumers with all types of disabilities and/or their families (including any combination of co-occurring conditions), as well as consumers with intellectual disabilities.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate staff.
- Advise staff working with consumers about difficult situations that may arise, especially with those who have mental health issues.
- Chair the Incident Review Committee required under OPWDD regulations.
- Supervise student interns working towards a social work or other counseling-related degrees if applicable.
- Collect statistical data, maintain program records and prepare reports as required.
- Comply with all STIC policies and procedures, as well as applicable state and federal laws and regulations related to the counseling program.
- Attend all mandatory agency trainings, meetings, sign language class and advocacy groups.
- Other related tasks as required and time permits.
It is the policy of STIC not to discriminate based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest or conviction record, military status or predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Interested applicants should send a current resume indicating the position for which they are applying to:
Casey Flanagan, Human Resources Coordinator
135 East Frederick Street
Binghamton, NY 13904
Phone : (607) 724-2111
Fax: (607) 772-3605