Hours: Non-exempt, part-time 25 hours per week
- Associates Degree in a business field or High School Diploma and two years of experience in a clerical or administrative position, strongly preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize work tasks, and work effectively in both a team and individual setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Valid Drivers License
- Strong commitment to the integration of people with disabilities into all aspects of community life.
- Act as receptionist, answering large volume multi line phone system, greeting people and related tasks.
- Open, date stamp and distribute incoming mail. Apply postage and record outgoing mail.
- Retrieve supplies for staff when requested.
- File/fax/copy documents and other clerical duties as required.
- Take minutes at staff meetings and distribute to staff in a timely manner.
- Read mail to blind/visually impaired staff as necessary.
- Assist with TRAID Loan closet when needed.
- Attend all mandatory agency trainings, meetings, and advocacy groups.
- Submit required reports and statistical data as required, in a comprehensive and timely manner.
Southern Tier Independence Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to hire the best qualified applicant for the position, without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest or conviction record, military status or predisposing genetic characteristics.
Interested applicants should send a current resume indicating the position for which they are applying to:
Casey Flanagan, Human Resources Coordinator
135 East Frederick Street
Binghamton, NY 13904
Phone : (607) 724-2111
Fax: (607) 772-3605