STIC LINK EXCHANGE POLICY
Southern Tier Independence Center will consider requests from disability-related government and not-for-profit agencies, as well as from interest and advocacy groups, for link exchanges. Links, if accepted, will be placed on the appropriate pages in our Disability Links hierarchy.
STIC may exclude your organization from consideration if your organization or website:
- Advocates segregation of people with disabilities
- ses non-people-first or other language that is offensive to the disability community
- Is primarily oriented toward medical treatment or rehabilitation services
- Is primarily oriented toward selling goods or services
- Other reasons, at STIC's discretion
STIC DOES NOT provide free advertising to for-profit businesses. Except in extremely unusual circumstances, we DO NOT accept links from for-profit businesses. And we do not place paid advertising on our website under any circumstances.
STIC does accept paid advertising in our quarterly newsletter, which has a mailed circulation of over 3,000 people with disabilities, family members, disability-related professionals, and goverment officials primarily in south-central New York State (but does reach some people in other parts of New York as well as across the US). To purchase paid advertising in our newsletter, call STIC at (607) 724-2111 (voice/ TTY) and (607) 238-2694 (videphone for Deaf and Hard of Hearing).