STIC's Health Information Specialist researches and provides information on health care topics affecting people with disabilities. She advocates for health care system improvements on local, statewide, and federal levels. She's a member of statewide and local health care advocacy coalitions influencing state policy.
Learn more about each topic by clicking on the words below.
View YouTube video below on Affordable Care Act
Click on the links for more information:
• Medicaid 1-800-541-2831 or www.medicaid.gov for information on Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act
• Medicare 1-800-633-4227 or 1-877-486-2048 (TTY) or www.medicare.gov for information on Medicare, Prescription Drug Coverage (Medicare Part D), Medicare Advantage Plans (Medicare Part C), and managed care
• Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: www.cms.gov
• Medicaid Managed Care as described on New York Health Access website: www.wnylc.com/health/entry/160/
• A Tool for choosing insurance coverage: www.healthcare.gov
• Health Insurance Information, Counseling and Assistance Program (HICAP) 1-800-701-0501
Service Area and Eligibility
Health Information Services are provided to individuals residing in Broome, Chenango, and Tioga counties.
Health Information Specialist
Phone: (607) 724-2111 or toll free at 1 (877) 722-9150 (Voice and TTY)
Fax: (607) 772-3616